Monday, November 03, 2008

Trip to TN

I enjoyed a nice & relaxing 4 day weekend in TN and I made great time during the drive. Jip could hardly stand the long ride and was very anxious to get there. The fall colors were very nice along the way and I soaked in the hot tub after the long drive! It was great to see my friends and we shared a awesome seafood feast that Lyle made from scratch with the seafood I brought with me. Jip was having a great time running around with Major and he made friends with their cat, Nicorette, who strongly resembles PumknJax. We drove out and saw the new cabin on Short Mountain and met a neighbor with a great place and kitchen under construction. I soaked in the hot tub each night and looked up at the stars, and they are much clearer up on the mountain away from all the extra light. I enjoyed the peaceful quiet-quiet, and tried hard not to fall alseep to the sounds of the leaves blowing in the wind.


1 comment:

Less Bark. More Wag. said...

Beautiful! I wish we had fall colors like that in Texas. Well, I guess we do, I just haven't driven down to see them. Thanks for the mini-vaycay at my desk!