Wednesday, October 15, 2008

(*)



I miss my Mammaw.

I miss my Pappaw too. But, today I really miss her.
There are many days I have random thoughts of her. I remember when I poured hot tea from the stove into a green glass pitcher and as she entered the kitchen could not stop me from pouring and the heat cracked it in two. She didn't get upset or show anger about my mistake. I am sure the pitcher meant something to her though and that she was dissapointed.
I also think of her smells in her bedroom and her perfume and smell of her lotions. Making her bed and getting her mail.

When she hugged someone she really hugged them, she pulled them into her body, and when she hugged me the soft skin on her neck would be so comforting, like a pillow.
I think of the way I would put plastic curlers in her hair and watch TV with her, not talking really, just an occasional phrase from her every now and then.
Her romance novels, Bunko nights and secret money.

I think of the way she would say " I love you" inflecting her voice in the love part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss her so much too. I have days where she is ALL I think about. I think thats a true statement for everyone I have lost thats close to me. I remember being young and having the llloooonnnnggg days on the Bayou and when we got tired, Mom would send us up for a nap and she would greet us at the door with a towel and we would dry off and get in her comfy bed with the ac on full blast and get the BEST sleep ever!!!!! I miss SO much about those days.

Anya :)