Sunday, August 05, 2007

Spike & Miss Green Jeans



I adopted Green Jeans at a party in Nashville, it was winter and the party Host was putting the coats in a closet and I noticed a bird cage. I asked him if he wanted to sell the bird cage and he mentioned that he had a parakeet that he couldn't stand because it chirped all the time. He said he kept the bird in the closet so it would be quiet. He didn't want the parakeet and asked me if I wanted it, I couldn't leave "him" there in that closet! so I took him home that night. I thought Spike would like to have a bird friend. After a few months I found out that Mr. Green Jeans was a girl. She lays eggs every spring and is so in love with Spike. If I move his cage and she can't see him she throws a fit and chirps an angry chirp. She bites, but is so much happier since she came home with me.


No comments: