Saturday, August 18, 2007

Beware of SLEEPING Dog!

There sure has been alot going on lately! Seems like when alot of bad things happen you have to focus on the positive and the things that are RIGHT in life instead of what's wrong.

My Lil Jip has had another misfortune!He and I have been house sitting for Larry and Judy all week with their two dogs (dalmation) Bailey and (boston terrier) PePe and they got along fine. Bailey was sleeping in his room with Larry & when Jip wandered into the room Bailey just attacked him. Jip got a bite to his eye. Judy and I took him to the emergency vet for treatment (it was 1130pm) and he will be going into surgery soon. The good news is that his eyeball is fine with no injury to his cornea. YEAH!!! The injury was only to his lower lid, but it is a pretty big gash and will take a while to heal.

I don't think that Bailey was out to get Jip , and they got along fine for the whole week. It was just an unfortunate accident. It was also very unfortunate that it happened on the night that Larry and Judy came home with Dori. Dori fell from a ladder and has a broken back and two broken arms and wrist!! They have been in Atlanta taking care of her.

Jip will be going into surgery and I will pick him up ASAP. I told the Vet I wanted him out of the hospital as soon as possible since Jip has major anxiety inside the hospital cage.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bailey is a good dog. I have enjoyed being with him and getting to know him this past week. He really loves Larry alot and just has a low tolerance for crossing his territory. Jip just didn't know what he was walking into.

I will give an update soon & let you know how he is doing and post some pics. Just please send my Noonins some healing thoughts along with Dori too!

I am so THANKFUL that he is okay. Now, enough is enough! too much drama for such a little dog!!

No comments: